Looking for a cocktail or two to spice up this St. Patrick's Day? I have a few new ones to share. I'm always looking for options to keep things interesting so some of this are definitely not your average "lucky libations," though some do include Irish ingredients and others are various shades of green. They are each rather impressive in the most important factor (taste) and many are great for other occasions throughout the year.
Photo Credit: © Star Hodgson
- Baileys Irish Ice - Yummy does not begin to describe this blended coffee concoction that uses Baileys with mint chocolate and, if you can get it, Guinness gelato.
- Burnt Oranges - A nice mix of Flor de Caña Rum, blood orange, and Guinness. It's refreshing and unique.
- Different Shade of Green - If gin and a garden-fresh tastes sounds better than all things Irish, check out this one. It features the pear-infused spirit, Xanté, which is paired with cucumber.
- Golden Green Apple - A simple Irish whiskey "appletini" with a favorite, Michael Collins. I've seen a similar drink with Jameson and red cranberry juice. Either are excellent.
- Leprechaun Leap - Another alternative to whiskey and beer, this one includes Ketel One, Domaine de Canton, and kiwi. Ginger and kiwi is a new found flavor combination I've fallen for and you may too after this one.
- Shamrock-tini - Also including that "Baileys with a hint of Milk Chocolate," this one simply adds a touch of vanilla vodka.
- Shamrocker - How about a little tequila? No, no Irish ingredients here, but it is brilliant green, not to mention fun, easy, and a nice change of pace.