This has been a good week for really interesting stories around the blogosphere. Be sure to check out the 'Good Reads' in particular for, well, good reading material when you need a break from everything else.
- Knob Creek Rye Whiskey - Fantastic news for Knob Creek and rye whiskey fans. Here the two are married into one luscious bottle.
- Nuvo Sparkling Liqueur - Similar 'sparkling' spirits have come and gone from the market and we have another. Nuvo is considerably feminine - downright 'girlie' - and is made of "French vodka, French sparkling wine and natural fruit flavourings." It is also a very pink spirit, making it a great find for ladies only occasions (dependent on how it tastes, of course).
- SXLiquors New Vodkas - The report of these three vodkas released by SXLiquors makes them seem to be colorful and flavorful and the flavor combinations of the infusions are intriguing. SXazul is electric blue, flavored with blueberry, blackberry, vanilla, and rosemary. SXverde is green, flavored with apple, lemon, and basil. SXrosa is red, flavored with coconut, watermelon, and cilantro.
- Downslope Distillery's Old Tom Gin - The craft distillery movement continues to impress and the gin selection is one of its benefactors. This new Colorado gin sounds like one to add to the list of must try.
- Chicago, That Tippling Town - True, true - Chicago does have many fine drinks.
- A Pioneering Cocktail Conference Turns 10 - The NYT Diner's Journal blog looks forward to the 10th annual Tales of the Cocktail, the conference that inspired all of the others.
- The Secret Ingerdient - Wayne Curtis (author of And a Bottle of Rum) writes about liquor company claims of 'closely guarded, centuries-old recipes' saying many times these are just marketing pitches.
- Atlantic City's Prohibition-era Landmarks - The stories of Prohibition continue to fascinate me and "Boardwalk Empire" is a favorite show, so this article caught my eye and I must make plans to check this out.
- Rye Whiskey in Short Supply? - The increasing demand in rye has some distillers struggling to keep up.
- Pittsburgh Distillery will Host Whiskey Tastings - A change in the law will now permit Pennsylvania distilleries to give visitors a taste of their goods.
- Bushmills Sunglasses - If you are into unique shades, check out these sunglasses made from retired Irish whiskey barrels.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.