There have been a number of these 'holidays' lately and we find ourselves with yet another spirited day, with this one dedicated to vodka. I will keep this one short and sweet because I have written a lot about vodka in the past and instead of repeating myself, I will simply point you to vodka-friendly articles and recipes.
That said, one thing that I encourage you to do today is break out of your routine and pick up a bottle you have yet to explore. Vodka is an ever-expanding category and there are many, many brands out there just waiting for your next drink. Have fun with the adventure.
- Vodka 101 - The very basics of what makes vodka vodka, though this continues to be challenged by emerging and innovative brands every year.
- 5 Vodka Cocktails for Fall - Last week I profiled 5 great, fall-worthy vodka drinks and they're still worth drinking.
- Vodka Cocktails - Vodka is the most mixable liquor available and there is no shortage of mixed drinks to use it in. Explore the hundreds of recipes I have added to date that use this transparent potable.
- Recommend a Vodka - I love hearing what you think and some of you have great opinions on why one vodka is better than all of the others. Read through what others think and share your own thoughts.
- What's Up with Dessert Vodkas? - Candy, cake, even children's cereals have made their way into the latest trend of vodkas and from what I have seen this trend is not going to stop. Love them or hate them, I think they're here to stay.
- Vodka Infusions - Learn how to make your own flavored vodka and explore a variety of recipes (sorry, no dessert vodka recipes yet). Use these infusions in place of clear vodka in a variety of cocktails and I'm sure you will be surprised by the transformations.
- Best Vodkas for Around $10 - Vodka is one liquor that is easy to be a cheapskate with, however you will find that the majority have a severe lack of quality and many are unpalatable. This list shows you that there are decent, inexpensive vodkas out there if you're willing to search.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.