Don't panic, I too just realized that Thanksgiving is next week. It's okay, it's just another day in which you have to put on your family-friendly face, cook a ton of food (ensuring all of it comes out at the same time), frantically clean the house or travel for hours through who knows what weather, and plan your weekend shopping excursions (don't forget Small Business Saturday). Take a deep breath and enjoy, knowing that everything will work out and if it doesn't, well there's always next year and the family should be forgiving and thankful for your effort.
Really, the holiday is not that bad and I always enjoy seeing my family. I personally think there is too much pressure to putting on or attending a holiday like this. Seriously, sit back and enjoy!
This is a holiday when a lot of emphasis is put on food, though let us not forget about the other essential to any meal... the drinks. That is why I am here to help and I've collected this convenient list of Thanksgiving Day drinks to help you out. If you need advice or ideas for food, browse through the websites of my colleagues here at About.com. They are masters of turkey, stuffing, and everything else you need or didn't know you needed for the day.
On to the drinks...
- Thanksgiving Day Drink Recommendations - Parade watching, the big meal, game time... there is a drink for everything. This article has drink recommendations for all of those and it is not limited to cocktails, but includes beer, coffee and tea, wine, and non-alcoholic drinks as well.
- Thematic Cocktails - Crantini, Pilgrim's Punch, Thanksgiving Cider, Thanksgiving Cocktail
- Seasonal Flavors - Apple Cocktails, Cranberry Cocktails, Pear Cocktails, Pumpkin Cocktails
- Warm Drinks for Cold Days
- Don't Forget the Mocktails - Non-alcoholic mixed drinks are a must for any occasion.
- More Fall Cocktails
- Black Friday - For those who choose to shop next Friday, you may need a stiff drink after the battle and this three ingredient highball very takes little thought to mix up.
I hope that everyone who celebrates it has an enjoyable Thanksgiving. As always, I am thankful for all of my readers. Cheers!
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.