Rich, decadent, chocolate filled cocktails are the topic of the day and I have selected five that are absolutely perfect for the holiday season. Sure, these are not the healthiest of drinks, but that's what New Year's resolutions are for... correcting all of our December indulgences.
Spiked Three-O Mocha
- Chocolate Spice Martini - Not one, but two chocolate spirits are in this fancy little drink, with one being the far too tempting Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka. Add to that a touch of citrus, some cream, and a few dashes of the customary seasonal spices and you have a fine, fine drink.
- Dark 'n Fluffy - This cocktail remains a favorite of the new marshmallow-flavored vodkas. Smirnoff Marshmallow is mixed with Godiva Dark Chocolate and a touch of cream for a truly delightful, very fun concoction.
- Killer Cocoa Chai - Malibu Rum, chai, and a white chocolate liqueur make up this simple, chilled cocktail that is both comforting and intriguing.
- Chocolate Kiss - We could not have chocolate in the holidays without talking about a couple of hot chocolate drinks. This first one is unbelievably simple and satisfying, with a simple mix of peppermint schnapps, coffee liqueur, and hot chocolate.
- Spiked Three-O Mocha - Another three ingredient cocoa drink, this one is a little amped up thanks to Three Olives Triple Shot Espresso Vodka. The amaretto adds a little depth, and the whipped cream and chocolate shavings are there to top it off with style and deliciousness.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.