Fresh pomegranate is one of the pleasures of the winter season and while the majority of pomegranate cocktails use a processed product (e.g. liqueur, juice, or grenadine) to make things a little easier on us, the seeds make a great garnish for any of these drinks. Of course, you can always tackle the project of making your own pomegranate juice or grenadine while the fruits are available, but for now let's take a look at five perfect pomegranate potations.
Peach Pomegranate Holiday Martini
- The Chadwick - The most unique of this collection, you have to appreciate the innovative and spicy take on using this fruit in drinks. Dark rum is combined with pomegranate juice, mint, soda, and this snappy ginger-habanero syrup.
- Peach Pomegranate Holiday Martini - Extremely simple and very delightful, this martini mixes pomegranate vodka, peach schnapps, and orange juice. Add small touches of lemon, cinnamon, and sugar and you have an impressive drink.
- Mistletoe - Think of this one as a sparkling pomegranate margarita. Using the smooth Tequila Tezon Blanco, triple sec, and fresh pomegranate juice, this holiday delight is topped off with Champagne and can go from holiday celebrations straight through to the new year.
- Moroccan Cocktail - If you want to treat yourself to the best pomegranate vodka on the market, pick up a bottle of Charbay. Once you have that in hand, mix up this crazy good drink that mixes the vodka with pomegranate puree, lemon, and a cardamom simple syrup for a hint of spice.
- Virginia's Punch - Up last is a non-alcoholic punch for all to enjoy. In it I've mixed pomegranate and white cranberry juices with cranberry spice syrup, and topped it off with ginger ale (or better yet, rhubarb soda). The inspiration for it was this tequila-based Silver Spiced Bell.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.