While cranberries are most associated with Thanksgiving, they also have a place in the holidays of December. They have a comforting way of warming the heart and making us feel all warm and cozy and festive. These cocktails use either cranberry juice or fresh berries.
- Apple Cin - Talk about warm and cozy, this apple vodka drink also uses spiced rum along with cranberry juice, and the grated cinnamon garnish is the finishing touch needed to make it perfect for the holidays.
- Polished Princess - Vanilla vodka and pumpkin spice combined with fresh cranberries make this luscious cocktail a very comforting one that is layered with flavor. The drink also uses egg white to obtain a frothiness that is very pleasant during the winter months.
- The Lanesborough - Grand Marnier, cranberry, passion fruit, and Champagne mix up the special occasions of the season, adding a small remembrance of warmer days and happy memories shared with family and friends.
- Merry Christmas - For me the holidays are about the simple pleasures of life and sharing those with loved ones. This simple highball epitomizes that with its simple mix of Plymouth Gin, cranberry and lemon, and soda.
- Mistletoe Martini - This one uses a different cranberry ingredient, cranberry tea. Once brewed and chilled, the tea is added to a simple mix of vodka and orange juice (with lemon and sugar accents), and it is a nice addition to a holiday dinner party.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.