Over the next few posts I will be sharing a selection of cocktails for celebrating New Year's Eve. Champagne is the signature libation for the occasion, so it is only appropriate that we start out with five fabulous sparkling wine cocktails.
- Château Cardillo - This is a very simple, yet very flavorful, Champagne cocktail. The mix is one of pear juice, black raspberry liqueur (e.g. Chambord), and Champagne. That's it. Just mix those three ingredients and you have a stellar drink.
- D'Artagnan - If you are looking for extravagance in a glass, this is the drink for you. It mixes Armagnac, Grand Marnier, orange juice, and simple syrup and is topped with Champagne and it is one of the most impressive cocktails you will find.
- Champagne Antoine - What I enjoy about this cocktail is its use of Pernod to add a darker touch to what could be considered a sparkling Gin Martini. The anise is just enough to add an intriguing depth that, admittedly, some will love and some will hate.
- Scotch Lassie - This is by far my favorite combination of Scotch and sparkling wine, in this case Prosecco, and it is only fitting that it came from one of our cocktail contests. Thank Blair Frodelius for this wonderful drink that adds ginger and apricot into the mix.
- Raspberry Bellini - Here we have a cocktail that is simply too much fun to pass by when it comes to planning a party. Fresh raspberries and Leblon Cachaca for the base on which (what else) Champagne rests. It's a drink that everyone will fall for.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.