The name of this cocktail pertains to the Harbaugh brothers who are coaches of the opposing teams in Super Bowl XLVII. The unprecedented football match-up aside, it is a spectacular drink.
The base is Camarena Silver Tequila infused with a jalapeno pepper and on top of this spice are layers of fruit. The blood orange juice is the star of the show and this dark citrus fruit is in season during the winter months, making this drink even more appropriate for the big game in February.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 4 ounces Jalapeño-Infused Camarena Silver Tequila* (recipe below)
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces Cointreau orange liqueur
- Blood orange peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine jalapeño-infused Camarena Silver Tequila, blood orange juice, lime juice and Cointreau.
- Fill with ice, shake and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a blood orange peel.
*Jalapeño-Infused Camarena Silver Tequila:
- Slice up a fresh jalapeño pepper and allow it to steep in 1 cup of Camarena Silver Tequila for 2 hours.
- Remove the slices by pouring the mixture through a mess strainer.
Hot peppers can add flavor to the tequila very quickly, so adjust the time of the infusion to fit your tastes. Read more about infusing distilled spirits...
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.