Here we have a twist on the Vodka Tonic from Belvedere Vodka. It adds just two ingredients to the simple highball and uses a citrus vodka.
The drink is self explanatory for the most part, though something should be said about lime syrup. You have two options: buy a lime syrup or make your own. If you are familiar with simple syrup, creating a lime-flavored version should be easy, just split the water with lime juice. I like to keep this a 1:1 ratio so in the standard 1 cup simple syrup recipe I would do 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1 cup sugar. If you would like, you may also make up a lime cordial and use that here.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce Belvedere Citrus Vodka
- 1 ounce lime syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- Tonic water
- Garnish with lemon, lime and cucumber wheels
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice.
- Add vodka and lime syrup and stir.
- Top with tonic water then saturate the ice with bitters.
- Garnish with a combination of lemon, lime, and cucumber wheels.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.