If you enjoy a whiskey Highball you may want to give this little drink a try. It is another great cocktail from the Sweet Hospitality Group, who have also shared the Holiday Spirit recipe and continue to impress with simple creativity.
The beauty of the Irish Farmhouse is its layers of flavors that build from a solid Irish whiskey base. The cassis' black currant sweetness offsets the citrus of the orange ingredients and the cinnamon and bitters add a nice spice. In the style of the Presbyterian, both ginger ale and soda water are used to top off the drink, bringing everything into a perfect balance.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce creme de cassis
- 2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- Dash cinnamon
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Ginger ale
- Pour the first 6 ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well (until marmalade is dissolved).
- Double strain into a chilled highball glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with half ginger ale and half seltzer.
Recipe Courtesy: Sweet Hospitality Group
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.