There are many Champagne cocktails, but only one Champagne Cocktail. This is a classic cocktail that adds just a little pizazz to the average glass of sparkling wine.
The bitters and brandy bring a refreshing warmth to the drink and the sugar cube dissolves to create a beautiful fountain of bubbles that is a fun effect. Choose a good Champagne for this because it contributes the majority of the flavor and the better tasting Champagne, the better the cocktail will be.
For this and all Champagne cocktails, add the Champagne last, opening the bottle right before serving for the best results and the best visual when the sugar cube dissolves. If you are serving this for a party, prepare all of the glasses you need with everything except the Champagne for the fastest service.
View Video: How to Make a Champagne Cocktail
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 ounce brandy
- Orange slice for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a Champagne flute.
- Saturate the cube with bitters.
- Add the brandy.
- Fill with Champagne and watch the sugar cube dissolve in a fountain of bubbles.
- Garnish with the orange slice and cherry.