The bitters and brandy bring a refreshing warmth to the average glass of Champagne in this classic cocktail recipe. Choose a good Champagne for this because it contributes the majority of the flavor and the better tasting Champagne, the better the cocktail will be.
For this and all Champagne cocktails, add the Champagne last, opening the bottle right before serving for the best results and the best visual when the sugar cube dissolves. If you are serving this for a party, prepare all of the glasses you need with everything except the Champagne for the fastest service.
View Video: How to Make a Champagne Cocktail
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 ounce brandy
- Orange slice for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place the sugar cube in the bottom of a Champagne flute.
- Use the dashes of Angostura bitters to saturate the sugar cube.
- Add the brandy.
- Fill with Champagne and watch the sugar cube dissolve in a fountain of bubbles.
- Garnish with the orange slice and cherry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.