The Mojito has risen in the ranks to become of the most popular cocktails. It originated in Cuba, was second to the Daiquiri on Ernest Hemmingway's list of favorite cocktails, and, since the 1980's, has become one of the more fashionable tropical cocktails.
It's very simple, using mint and lime to accent the rum. Choose a premium rum like Cruzan, Appleton or Mount Gay for a spectacular Mojito. See below for variations.
View Video: How to Make a Mojito
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Place the sugar, the mint leaves, and a little club soda into a highball glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the mint flavor.
- Squeeze the juice from both halves of the lime into the glass.
- Drop one half of the lime into the glass.
- Add the rum.
- Stir well.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add the rest of the club soda.
- Garnish with the mint sprig.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.