View video: How to Make a Mint Julep
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- leaves from 4-5 mint sprigs
- 2 sugar cubes or 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 1/2 oz bourbon
- mint sprig for garnish
- Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a julep cup, collins glass or double old-fashioned glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
- Add the bourbon
- Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
- Garnish with the mint sprig.
Variations of the Mint Julep:
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.