The Pimm's Cup is really just one of the preferred ways to drink a particular distilled spirit, and so the drink took on the brand name. That liqueur is Pimm's No. 1, a gin-based spirit with the flavor of fruit and spice and adding a mixer as subtle as lemonade enhances its character and turns it into a refreshing drink. Ginger ale or lemon-lime soda are occasionally used to replace the lemonade and at other times club soda is added to the original recipe. This drink is known to be popular in Southern England.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Pour the Pimm's into a collins glass with ice cubes.
- Add the lemonade and (if desired) a splash of club soda or lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with the lemon twist and cucumber.
- Pimm's Rangoon: Substitute ginger ale for the soda.
- Pimm's Royal: Substitute Champagne for the soda.