The Pimm's Cup is really just one of the preferred ways to drink a particular distilled spirit, and so the drink took on the brand name. That liqueur is Pimm's No. 1, a gin-based spirit with the flavor of fruit and spice. Adding a mixer as subtle as lemonade enhances its character and turns it into a refreshing summer drink that has long been a favorite in the U.K. (read more about the history of Pimm's and find a traditional recipe).
Ginger ale or lemon-lime soda are occasionally used to replace the lemonade and at other times, club soda is added to the original recipe.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Pour the Pimm's into a collins glass with ice cubes.
- Add the lemonade and (if desired) a splash of club soda or lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with the lemon twist and cucumber.
- Pimm's Rangoon: Substitute ginger ale for the soda.
- Pimm's Royal: Substitute Champagne for the soda.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.