Almost everyone has heard of the Piña Colada (thanks in part to the 1979 Rupert Holmes song "Escape (The Piña Colada song)") and almost just as many people have probably tried one. It is one of the most popular tropical cocktails and it is definitely one of the creamiest.
This shaken version is a more recent adaptation of the original Frozen Piña Colada from the 1950's. Personally, I prefer the frozen version, but this is a nice option if a blender is not handy.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Drink
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz light rum
- 1 1/2 oz coconut cream
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail or collins glass.
- Garnish with the pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.