The Rob Roy is the Scotch whisky version of the Manhattan and is sometimes referred to as a Scotch Manhattan. It was named after Robert Roy MacGregor, the Scottish Robin Hood of the 18th century.
View Video: 5 Manhattan Variations
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Variations on the Rob Roy:
- This drink can also be served on ice in an old-fashioned glass and built right in the glass.
- Dry Rob Roy: Substitute dry vermouth for the sweet vermouth and garnish with an olive.
- Perfect Rob Roy: Use a 1/4 oz. of both sweet and dry vermouth and garnish with a lemon twist.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.