The Bottom Line
- Small, compact book filled with great seasonal recipes.
- Suggestions of produce that is in season during certain times of the year.
- All cocktails made with fresh, from scratch mixers.
- Beautiful glossy, full color photographs for almost all cocktails.
- Innovative twists on some favorite cocktails.
- Almost too small, I'd like to see a few more cocktails.
- Written by Bridget Albert with May Barranco
- Photographs by Tim Turner
- Published by Agate Surrey
- Released in June, 2008
- ISBN: 9781572840959
- Retails for $17.95
- 120 pages with 40 cocktail recipes
Guide Review - Market-Fresh Mixology
The seasonal aspect of Market-Fresh Mixology is convenient. Each of the four seasons of the year have their own chapter with recommendations of fruits and vegetables that are in season during that time and around 10 cocktails for each that use those ingredients. Some of the cocktails like the summer sipper Blueberry Lavender Mojito are variations of some of the classic cocktails that we have grown to love over the years and others are original like the Carrot Chic. Then there is a drink like the Apple Cocktail that uses that fresh, cored, autumn fruit as the "glass", filling it with vanilla vodka, lemoncello and apple juice with a cinnamon "stir" stick.
Market-Fresh Mixology is truly a delight and a great addition to any culinary cocktail enthusiast's library.
Cocktails from Bridget Albert not in the book: