The Club Cocktail was first printed in W.C. Whitfield's 1939 Just Cocktails book. This brandy cocktail is flavored with maraschino liqueur and pineapple juice with the flavor of Peychaud's bitters to top it off. It has a tropical feel that is somewhat rare with brandy.
Shaking pineapple juice creates a top foam that some people like and some don't, even though it does settle after a few minutes. So if you prefer, give this one a solid 30-second stir.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces brandy
- 1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Strawberry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and strawberry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.