Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Cognac or brandy
- 1 1/2 oz ruby port
- Small egg
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- Fresh grated nutmeg for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well (more than usual to ensure the egg is properly mixed).
- Strain into a port or sour glass.
- Dust the top with freshly grated nutmeg.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.