This drink has comfort all over it. The Ginger Tea is an inviting mix of some really good Cognac, fresh green tea, mint ,and ginger. I also tried this with Hennessy VS and warm tea, keeping the ginger and mint. It transformed one of my favorite warm drinks, the Hot Toddy, into a completely different entity and was very comforting on some of the chillier nights.
Chilled or warm, Ginger Tea is a great brandy cocktail.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce Hennessy VSOP Cognac
- 2 ounces fresh brewed green tea (chilled)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (or Splenda)
- 3 mint leaves
- 3 pieces ginger
- Extra mint leaf for garnish
- In a mixing glass, add ginger, mint and simple syrup and muddle.
- Pour the Cognac and fresh tea over top and muddle a little more.
- Strain into an ice filled glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.