This is one of my recipes that was created on one of those "I feel like something different" days. I used Smirnoff's Black Cherry Vodka, which has notes of robust black cherry, and offset that with the sweetness of grenadine and a bit of lemon for balance.
This is also great served on the rocks, in which case I also like to go tall and top it with ginger ale.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Smirnoff black cherry vodka
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- Dash of lemon juice
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail or old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.