The mixture of chocolate and orange in this vodka martini is a tasty treat. The signature of this cocktail is that the rim is covered in melted chocolate which is then chilled until solid. A very light taste of orange is contributed by an orange liqueur such as Cointreau or Grand Mariner. Go ahead, indulge yourself.
- chunks of chocolate for rimming
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz white crème de cacao
- dash of Cointreau or Grand Mariner
To make the chocolate rim:
- Place chunks of chocolate into a heat-safe bowl.
- Place this bowl over a pot of water.
- Heat and simmer the water until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a plate and dip the rim of the cocktail glass into the chocolate.
- Stand the glass upright.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Chill the glass.