The combination of chocolate and orange is a favorite in cocktails and there are a number of drinks that highlight how delightful it is. This Chocolate & Orange Martini is one of them and it relies on just a touch of orange to accent the chocolate.
The hint of orange is a perfect contrast for drinks that rely heavily on chocolate. I've used it in drinks like this Chocolate Margarita as well and it works because it gives the drink a profile beyond sweet cocoa.
The other unique thing about this cocktail is that it uses a melted chocolate rim. This version is a nice homemade touch and is fun for a party or when you already have chocolate in a double boiler. You can also melt the chocolate in a microwave. Next time you're making chocolate covered strawberries, treat yourself to this martini as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
To make the chocolate rim:
- Place chunks of chocolate into a heat-safe bowl.
- Place this bowl over a pot of water.
- Heat and simmer the water until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a plate and dip the rim of the cocktail glass into the chocolate.
- Stand the glass upright.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Chill the glass.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.