A pineapple and coconut delight for hot days, the Chi-Chi is a wonderful tropical frozen cocktail that is something a little different than the average Margarita.
A reader is also looking for a Chi-Chi recipe that was popular in the 70's and 80's that involves freezing the main mix overnight and adding 7-Up. If you know this recipe, please share it with me: Email me.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz blue curaçao
- 1/2 oz cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple
- scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Pineapple slice for garnish
- Pour all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled margarita or highball glass.
- Garnish with the pineapple.
If the mix turns out too thick add juice; too thin add ice or ice cream.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.