This cocktail was created by the 2008 Bartender of the Year in Sweden, Fredrik Lindfors of the Cadier Bar in Stockholm.
The Ebony & Ivory is a great dessert drink with a nice balance of butterscotch and vanilla topped with a fresh chocolate cream. It's not one of those overly creamy drinks either, and you can always pour less cream if you like.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce DeKuyper Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1 ounce Licor 43 liqueur
- 1/5 cup Monin Chocolate Syrup
- 4/5 cup fresh cream
- Strawberry for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar for garnish
- Stir the liqueurs with lots of ice.
- Strain into a well chilled cocktail glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the chocolate syrup and cream for about 10 – 15 seconds, and then float the cream on top of the drink.
- Garnish with a strawberry on the edge and sprinkle vanilla sugar on the cream.
Recipe Courtesy: Frederik Lindfors Courtesy of The Grand Hotel Stockholm
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.