You have options when making this drink. Instead of the juice and sugar you can use either juice and simple syrup or a fresh sour mix. The choice between lemon and lime is a personal one, though I found that I prefer lime with the really dry London dry gins and lemon with those with a lighter juniper profile. And, when it comes to the egg that is another personal choice. When included the drink has more body and a great texture that is classically a "fizz" drink.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz gin
- Dash of lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Soda water
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the gin, juice, sugar, and egg white into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously. More than usual if using the egg white to ensure it is mixed thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- Strain into a chilled highball glass with ice cubes.
- Top off with soda water.
- Garnish with a cherry.