This Halloween cocktail brings together three great liqueurs so you have the sweet melon of Midori, the herbal qualities of either Strega or Chartreuse and the spicy ginger of Canton. As far as the options given for soda, I like the boldness of ginger beer here because it adds an extra snap. However, some don't like that and for those ginger ale is a sufficient alternative - it just depends on individual taste.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 part Midori Melon Liqueur
- 1/2 part Strega Liqueur or Yellow Chartreuse
- 1/2 part Domaine de Canton Ginger liqueur
- Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale
- Add first 3 ingredients into a shaker glass, add ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain over ice in a collins glass.
- Line the inside of a wine glass with strands of black licorice.
- Pour in contents of the collins glass and fill with ginger beer or ginger ale.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.