Consider the Holiday Hopper a Grasshopper with a twist. What Midori (more specifically Mixologist Victoria Damato-Moran) has done is taken one of the more popular "martinis" and added their liqueur for a melon background that is really quite interesting and makes, in my opinion, a far better cocktail.
As with the Grasshopper, use white creme de cacao because the brown makes the finished drink look like some sort of sludge, which is rather unappealing.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 1/2 oz green creme de menthe
- 1/2 oz white creme de cacao
- 2 oz half and half
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Raspberry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaves and a raspberry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.