Warm and toasty and just in time for winter, the Hot Toddy
is a classic hot drink
. Feel free to experiment with your favorite types of tea
or skip it all together and use hot water alone. Most black and green teas mix well with the sweetness of the honey and lemon, but from there it's a personal preference and some interesting toddies are possible. There is also a Gin Toddy
that is a great variation of this warm cocktail.
View video: How to Make a Hot Toddy, 5 Autumn Cocktails
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy, whiskey, or rum
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tea bag
- Coat the bottom of a mug or an Irish coffee glass with honey.
- Add the liquor and the juice of the lemon quarter.
- On the side, heat water in a tea kettle and add the tea bag to make hot tea.
- Pour the steaming tea into the glass and stir.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.