The Irish Martini is a simple version of the Martini. The ingredient that makes it Irish is, of course, Irish whiskey and in this case that small amount makes a big difference, adding substance, color and flavor to the profile of its more popular predecessor.
When making a drink as naked as this one, be sure to choose premium spirits. There are no juices or heavily flavored ingredients to mask the faults of the cheaper spirits and your experience with the drink will be much better if you begin with quality ingredients.
For a Scotch version, try out the Smoky Martini.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Pour the Irish whiskey into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Swirl around the glass in order to coat the inside and dump the excess whiskey.
- Pour the vodka and dry vermouth into a cocktail shaker half-filled with cracked ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the rinsed glass.
- Garnish with the lemon twist.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.