La Vie En Rouge translates to "Life in Red" and this is not only a fitting name for the color of the cocktail but appropriate for the 2009 limited edition bottle of Grand Marnier, which is a stunning bottle design.
The drink is a refreshing and simple mix of cranberry and Grand Marnier, enhanced with the sweet aroma and flavor of rosemary. These three flavors come together for a delightful holiday cocktail that is sure to be a favorite at any Christmas gathering.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 oz. fresh pressed cranberry juice (can substitute with bottled cranberry juice)
- 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- Fresh rosemary needles
- In a tall mixing glass, muddle 10-12 rosemary needles lightly with simple syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients then add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain over fresh ice into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.