Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rum or brandy
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Beat together egg, egg substitute and sugar.
- Return mixture to stove and cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly until thickened slightly and very steamy. Do not let eggnog boil.
- Warm milk until it steams but does not boil.
- Very gradually beat milk into eggs.
- Stir in vanilla and chill thoroughly.
- Stir in brandy or rum.
- Pour into four glasses and sprinkle a touch of nutmeg on top of each serving.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.