Many other drinks are referred to as a Martini. Although this recipe is the original, we must go along with society in some respects and here are more of those Martini recipes.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth
- 1 green olive or lemon twist for garnish
- Orange or Angostura bitters (optional)
- Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add a dash of orange or Angostura bitters if desired
- Garnish with the olive or lemon twist.
There are many variations on the classic martini that are a personal preference:
- Dry Martini- Traditionally uses more dry vermouth, however recent trends define a Dry Martini as using little or no vermouth.
- Bone Dry or Desert Martini- No vermouth.
- Gibson- Garnish with a cocktail onion.
- Perfect Martini- Use equal parts of sweet and dry vermouth.
- Dirty Martini- Add a small amount of olive brine.
- 50-50-Use equal parts of gin and dry vermouth.
- Vodka Martini- Replace gin with vodka for a nice alternative.
Poll: How Do You Prefer Your Martini?
- Gin and Vermouth, Stirred
- Gin and Vermouth, Shaken
- Gin and Little or No Vermouth, Stirred
- Gin and Little or No Vermouth, Shaken
- Vodka and Vermouth, Stirred
- Vodka and Vermouth, Shaken
- No Martini for Me, Thanks
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.