Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 21 oz extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar, light brown sugar, or sucanat (or use 1/2 cup honey or 1 cup alternate liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup rum or brandy
- 4 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 ice cubes
- Place the crumbled tofu and soymilk in a blender with the sugar and salt.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum or brandy, and vanilla.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.