Spring and summer are prime grilling season here, and a quick and easy barbecue sauce is an essential component of any cooks repertoire. This Bourbon Brown Sugar Barbecue sauce will dress up steaks, burgers and ribs. Give it a try and see what you think. Just remember to use this sauce at the end of grilling as the sugar in the sauce will burn if you put it on immediately.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 pint sauce
- 1 c Old Forester Signature bourbon
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c ketchup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 dashes Tabasco brand chipotle sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce by 1/2.
- Remove cinnamon stick, pour into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.