I like this avocado chip dip because it is mainly avocado based, sure there are some tomatoes and spicy peppers involved, but the majority of the dip relies on good avocados. I suggest choosing the overly ripe (ideal for guacamole) avocados. The tequila adds a nice effect to the taste here, and if you want to show off (or practice) your piping skills, the football field lines of sour cream are ideal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 oz tequila Corrido Cristalino Tequila
- 6 ripe Hass Avocados, peeled and seeded, cut into chunks
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 medium sweet white onion, diced
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 medium fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 cups Mexican-blend finely grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pt. Sour cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Mash avocados with lime juice and salt in large bowl, until just creamy. Add diced onion, tomatoes, jalapeños and cilantro and combine gently. Stir in grated cheese and add CORRIDO Cristalino. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt if desired. In a glass 9 x 13 rectangular pan, spread mixture evenly and smoothly.
- Place sour cream in a zipper bag and squeeze carefully to let all air escape before sealing. Squeeze all the sour cream to one corner and snip a tiny hole in the bottom of that corner. Now use the bag as a pastry bag to pipe your design. Use plain white to pipe on the yard lines.
- Tuck a few tortilla chips around the edges of the pan to add color and eye-appeal. Place remaining chips in a serving basket.