Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp cut into smallish pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- peanut oil, for sauteing
- 1/4 cup Tequila Herradura Silver
- 1/4 cup Newcastle Brown Ale
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded fine
- favorite hot sauce
- Combine shrimp, cilantro and garlic in a medium bowl - mix well and let sit about 10 minutes. If you have more time to marinate, just put them in the fridge.
- Heat a non-stick pan really well and then add about 1 Tbsp peanut oil.
- Add shrimp and stir fry quickly - they'll cook fast!
- When the shrimp are almost cooked, remove from heat (you don't want a flame-up) and add the Tequila Herradura Silver and Newcastle Brown Ale. Mix gently.
- After about a minute, return to the heat and stir well.
- Serve by putting sour cream on a tortilla, add a little cabbage, the shrimp and a final drizzle of the hot sauce.
Recipe makes 10 shrimp tacos.