This spiked, cream sauce is simple and spectacular. It was designed by Blue Ice Vodka to top your favorite pasta, but it's a great sauce for chicken and rice as well. With the chunkier, creamy sauces like this Tomato Vodka Cream Sauce I like to use the thick, short pastas like bow tie and penne. Pair this dish with a Dry Martini or white wine and finish off with a Lemon Sorbet or go super-sweet with my favorite dessert, Forget Me Not Fudge
, and vanilla ice cream.
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Blue Ice Vodka
- 1 can Italian crushed tomatoes or fresh equivalent
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter over high heat until bubbly.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Rapidly add the vodka and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Simmer tomatoes with the two cheeses for 3 minutes, then add the heavy cream and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.