Prep Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp Splenda
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Rum or brandy to taste
- 1 tsp eggnog flavored oil (LorAnn or Amish brand) [optional]
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped with sweetener of choice
- Ground nutmeg
- Beat 1/2 cup Splenda with egg yolks.
- Add salt, stir in 2 cups cream and 2 cups water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat egg whites until foamy then gradually add remaining Splenda, beating to soft peaks.
- Add to cooked mixture and blend thoroughly. Add vanilla and flavoring(s).
- Chill at least 3-4 hours.
- Pour into a punch bowl or cups and garnish with grated nutmeg.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.