Use decorations beyond the standard fruit garnish to finished cocktails and add a fun conversation piece to your presentation. Let your imagination run wild to fit the theme of your party.
- Hanging Party Animals- Giraffes, monkeys, elephants and donkeys, Oh My! Hang plastic animal drink markers from your cocktail glassware to entertain your guests and distinguish one drink from another. Note: these are getting increasingly hard to find and if you locate a good supplier, please let me know.
- Edible Flowers & Herbs- Many common flowers are edible and add a pretty touch to cocktails for any occasion. And of course, a Mint Julep is not the same without a fresh mint leaf, but his and other herbs can be used to spruce up a variety of drinks. Read more about edible flowers and check out Sweetfields edible flowers.
- Umbrellas- Paper umbrellas are classic embellishments for tropical cocktails.
- Sprinkles- Use ice cream sprinkles on top of a drop of whipped cream on a frozen cocktail or Irish Coffee or add chocolate sprinkles to cocktails like a Mudslide.
- A few companies such as Dress The Drink specialize in fancy ways to, well, dress up drinks.
- Halloween lends itself to some creative interpretations of the fruit garnish. Get inspiration from cocktails like the Mad Eye Martini and Vampire Juice.