Choose this cocktail for a refreshing spring or summer sipper or a 'green' drink of a different sort for your St. Patrick's Day party. It is a fun mix of flavors and rather unique. It features Xanté, a pear-flavored Cognac liqueur that is quite lovely, and the green comes from the muddled cucumber.
When it comes to choosing a gin, I would have to recommend a premium London dry though some of the boutique gins would add a unique flavor. I'm especially thinking of Aviation and Hendrick's.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces of Xante Liqueur
- 1 ounce gin
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Approx. 2 chunks cucumber
- Fill with ginger ale
- Cucumber strips for garnish
- Muddle the cucumber.
- Add all ingredients and shake with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass and top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with long strips of cucumber.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.