The soft, floral flavor of Beefeater Dry Summer Edition Gin inspired me to play with a fruity, herbal twist on one of my favorite cocktails of all time, the Gin Fizz. I ended up deciding on a pomegranate fizz using lavender as an accent.
At some point you will have to find a substitute for the gin because this bottle of Beefeater will only available through the summer of 2010, so I suggest going with the lighter, new style of gins like Hendrick's or G'Vine - anything with interesting flavors.
If necessary, pomegranate juice can be used and I highly recommend fresh lime juice and soda from a siphon. Also, the egg white is optional, but highly recommended.
View Video: How to Make a Pomegranate Gin Fizz
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Beefeater Dry Summer Edition Gin
- 1/2 ounce PAMA liqueur
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 barspoon lavender simple syrup
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Soda water
- Pour the spirits, juice, syrup, and egg white into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously (more than usual if using the egg white to ensure it is mixed thoroughly with the other ingredients).
- Strain into a chilled highball glass with ice cubes.
- Top off with soda water.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.