The simple touch of rose can take the average Martini to a new level filled with a delightful and gentle floral notes. I developed this cocktail for a friend's birthday using the summer gardens as inspiration and it is a great addition to any a garden party.
While I prefer one of the newer, lighter style of gins (i.e. Beefeater Summer Edition or Hendrick's) I have also made this using vodka for those who prefer that spirit over gin. The rose flavor is obtained by simply using a rose-infused simple syrup, which you can easily make at home and store for use as an alternative to plain syrup in other cocktails.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 barspoon rose-infused simple syrup
- 3 dashes grapefruit bitters (orange bitters will also work)
- Rose petal or lemon twist for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add a few dashes of grapefruit (or orange) bitters.
- Garnish with a rose petal or lemon twist.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.