What this drink holds that is so special is a complex taste in a very simple form. It has the styling of a classic cocktail, but the flavored simple syrup gives this a decidedly modern feel and this is the beauty of The 5/25. The Moroccan citrus syrup (recipe below) is a mixture citrus with the notable punctuation of cardamom that plays impressively with the botanicals in Beefeater. If you enjoy a Gimlet or a Pegu Club every now and then, this is a gin drink you are almost guaranteed to enjoy.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Beefeater Gin
- 1/2 ounce chilled Moroccan citrus syrup*
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a small, chilled cocktail glass.
*Moroccan Citrus Syrup:This flavored simple syrup recipe yields enough syrup for about 20 drinks.
- 4 1/2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 2 crushed green cardamom pods
- 6 ounces sugar
Combine the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes. Strain into a well-sealed jar. Store in the refrigerator.