The Malacca Flip is a fun recipe that features Tanqueray Malacca Gin. Though its 2013 appearance is a limited edition release, it is a gin that the company has produced before, so you never know when you will find it again. It is a sweeter gin that is very interesting and sought after when it is gone.
This drink, created by Nicolas Oliveira, is a great use for Malacca. The sweet and dry ingredients play off of each other nicely and it is a fine balance with a wonderful texture thanks to the egg. The hibiscus syrup is especially delightful here and if you cannot find one at your local stores, the agua de jamaica recipe here is a fine substitute.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 3/4 ounces Tanqueray Malacca Gin
- 1 1/2 ounces hibiscus syrup
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- Juice from 1 lemon wedge
- 1 egg white
- Fresh mint leaves
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously (more than usual to properly mix the egg).
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a small sprig of mint.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.