About the Basil-ica, Milligan says, "I believe the cocktail is the real First Course and sets the tone for the rest of the evening, whether you’re dining out or bar hopping."
Read more of my interview with Milligan...
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Drink
- 2 oz Plymouth Gin
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz 1:1 simple syrup
- 1/2 oz St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 4 large basil leaves
- Dash of Regan’s Orange Bitters
- Dash of Peychaud’s Bitters
- GARNISH: Basil Leaf and long orange twist.
- Muddle basil with the lemon juice and simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Add Gin, elderflower liqueur, and the bitters.
- Add ice and cap the mixing glass with a Boston shaker.
- Shake for 10-12 seconds, the strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- To garnish, roll up the basil leaf then wrap the orange twist around and place inside the glass.