I am always looking for new, original cocktails that stand out from the rest and the Cherry Bitch is one of those. It gets its name from the brand of gin that created it, Bulldog Gin.
This cocktail is intriguing because it brings back the revitalized technique of muddling, but instead of citrus, sugar and mint, which are commonly muddled, the Cherry Bitch muddles fresh cherries. The flavor of the entire cocktail is complex with black currant, lime, and apple to highlight the cherries and unique Bulldog Gin.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 Cocktails
- 6 ounces Bulldog Gin
- 1 bag black currant tea
- 3-5 fresh cherries
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3-4 ounce apple juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Orange peel twist for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cherries.
- In another glass, infuse Bulldog Gin with black currant tea for about 4 minutes. After removing the tea bag, pour this into the mixing glass.
- Add lime juice, simple syrup, and apple juice, and fill with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Recipe Courtesy: Bulldog Gin
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.