I'm always looking for new, original cocktails that stand out from the rest and the Cherry Bitch is one of those. It gets its name from the brand of gin that created it, Bulldog Gin. This one is intriguing because it brings back the revitalized technique of muddling, but instead of citrus, sugar and mint, which are commonly muddled, the Cherry Bitch muddles fresh cherries. The flavor of the entire cocktail is complex with black currant, orange, lime and apple which highlight the cherries and unique Bulldog Gin.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 Cocktails
- 6 oz Bulldog Gin
- 1 bag black currant tea
- 3-5 fresh cherries
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 3-4 oz apple juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Orange peel twist for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cherries.
- In another glass, infuse Bulldog Gin with black currant tea for about 4 minutes. After removing the tea bag, pour this into the mixing glass.
- Add lime juice, simple syrup, and apple juice, and fill with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.