The Eucalyptus Martini is the creation of Humberto Marques, mixologist at Oloroso is Edinburgh, Scotland. Marques' focus for cocktails is on fresh ingredients, and has put together, not only great drinks, but a guide to using Herbs and Spices in the Cocktail Mixology.
The eucalyptus syrup is fantastic and makes this drink what it is. It is truly unique and has a cooling, refreshing sweetness. I've seen two copies of this recipe, in one he uses Tanqueray 10 and in the other, Martin Miller's Gin. I used Tanqueray 10 and thought it a great pairing.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 50 ml (approx. 1 1/2 ounces) Tanqueray 10 or Martin Miller's Gin
- 25 ml (approx. 3/4 ounce) homemade eucalyptus syrup
- 12.5 ml (approx. 1/2 ounce) lime juice
- 3 drops of egg white
- Eucalyptus leaf for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Double strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a floating eucalyptus leaf.
Recipe Courtesy: Humberto Marques
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.