I often work with herbs and in the Herbal Pleasures cocktail I wanted to capture that aroma and feeling of a freshly cut herb garden.
I originally made the drink with Loft Lavender Cello, though it now seems to be out of production. However, I have since adapted the recipe to be used with a homemade lavender syrup. Dried lavender can be found in bulk at many grocers and natural food stores and the syrup is easy and great to have on hand.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces London Dry Gin
- 1 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce lavender simple syrup
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Squeeze a lemon twist over the glass then lay it on the rim as a garnish.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.