There is a lot going on in this punch and the combination of Martin Miller's Westbourne, absinthe, Zirbenz, and champagne is fantastic and has a soft, aromatic quality to it. Not one of the ingredients stands out from the others, instead they are wonderfully balanced. This is a punch that, while it takes a bit of work, is worth it and you'll impress even the most finicky of guests.
Yield: 1 Punchbowl
- 12 oz Martin Miller's Westbourne Strength Gin
- 12 oz fresh lemon juice
- 10 oz demerara date syrup* (recipe below)
- 14 oz Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz absinthe
- 1/2 oz Regan's Orange Bitters #6
- 1 bottle of Dry Champagne
- Peel of two lemons
- Dash of sugar
- Absinthe dates** for garnish (recipe below)
- Lemon ice*** (recipe below)
- Muddle the peel of two lemons with a little sugar to extract the oils.
- Pour all ingredients (except Champagne) into a pitcher and stir briefly with ice.
- Strain into a large punch bowl.
- Top with Champagne.
- Float lemon ice.
- Stir and serve in punch cups with absinthe dates.